Freelance Writer in India
Stories are the most engaging content you can provide your readers on your website, blog or annual report. As Humans we relate best to other people. This is the core of all good narrative non-fiction writing. With my background in journalism and documentary film, I write compelling narrative non-fiction based on field interviews – stories that will bring your work to life for your readers.
As a journalist and documentary filmmaker/editor, I can research any topic and write original content that’s meaningful and engaging to human readers – not just search engines. But I also bring to the table an understanding of SEO and Google’s changing standards for ranking content. I can work with you to created targeted articles and videos for your business niche. I can even post directly to your blog, since I understand the WordPress back-end, saving you the trouble and freeing up your resources.
I can help research potential keywords, come up with topic ideas for posts, create and execute an editorial content calendar to ensure your blog stays alive with content your customers will find interesting and engaging.
Below are some sample articles I have written:
Narrative Non-fiction Articles
Krakens and the Road. (Joao Roque Literary Journal)
Second Chances – Profile of Anita Edgar, co-founder of El Shaddai Charitable Trust
Cheers and Tears (The Navhind Times)
Will you play too? (childrescue.net)
Wonder women of Moti Dongor (childrescue.net)
Staying Positive on the Pitch (childrescue.net)
Essays (Spiritual Writing and such)
Vipassana – My Quest for Self (Medium.com)
What Do I Offer?
- Background in journalism and documentary film
- Ability to research any topic
- Understanding of story structure
- Writing skills to create engaging content
- Knowledge of SEO
- WordPress skills
95% of consumers of products or services begin their search online. So if your business does not have a presence on the internet, you will be at a disadvantage to your competitor who is online. This is equally true for small, mid-sized or large businesses and across industries. But with over 200 million blog posts published every day how are you, as a business owner, to get your message out there before potential clients? The answer lies in writing quality content. You could do this yourself or you could hire a freelance content writer, freeing yourself for core business activities.
Why bother about Content Writing?
As a small business owner, you may be tempted to ask, “why do I need to write content at all?”
Statistics show businesses that publish 16 or more posts per month, more than triple site traffic, than if they publish less than four posts a month.
And guess what? Small businesses can receive greater results by blogging more and better value content.
You see, Internet users want good reads. Consumers searching for a product or service begin that search by first looking for information. If your business can become a source of that information – a knowledgebase, you have a very good chance of converting that visitor into a lead and then a client. Help your visitors get what they want, and your blog and social media feed will become their go-to place for their need. It’s about quality and quantity. It takes time, and it takes effort.
Should I Write it Myself or Hire a Freelance Content Writer?
You could go ahead and write your content. After all, you do know your business and your clients best. There are various tools both structural and grammar, you can use to create good blog posts. If writing comes naturally to you, that’s great. But as a business owner or communications manager of your company, there’s tons of work that call for your attention all day. So when do you get your head down to write? And how many articles can you publish a week? Four? Two? One? One every two week?
The important aspect of publishing on your blog is consistency.
But there’s one other more important aspect. With Google’s Hummingbird update Google is paying more attention to each word in a query. It is going beyond keyword recognition to evaluating and putting value to the depth of the content on a page and matching it to a search query. In a nutshell, it is no longer enough to pack a keyword or a few keywords on a page and expect it to rank highly. Studies have shown, pages with 1000+ words that explore a topic in depth rank higher than pages with 500 or less words.
So what does all this hummingbird thing mean? You need to write in-depth articles that explore topics and not just stuff a keyword or two. It is not possible to knock out blog posts in a cookie-cutter assembly line if you really want your pages to rank. And this needs time and dedication.
That’s one reason it’s best to have someone dedicated to writing content.
How can Hiring a Freelance Content Writer Help you?
Here are 5 reasons to hire a freelance content writer for your business:
- You have someone dedicated to the role of creating content for your business publications – online blogs, websites and social media posts as well as offline print publications like newsletters, annual reports, brochures and press publications.
- Everyone can write. But not everyone can write well. Your freelance content writer should be knowledgeable and experienced with the tools of good writing. He/she should know how to weave words into sentences and sentences into paragraphs skillfully. That’s how your content can inform and engage your audience – your potential clients.
- A good content writer is also a good researcher. Journalists are great at this. Given a topic a good content writer will begin with researching that topic online as well as with interviews. Then he/she will sift through that material to pick out the bits that make the greatest impact. Finally using the tools of good writing the writer will write copy that’s original and plagiarism-free.
- A freelance content writer would also know the workings of search engines and how to optimise content in a way search engines like Google will not punish you.
- And finally, by hiring a freelance content writer frees you the added tasks of creating content strategies, researching and writing the articles and posts. You can concentrate on what you do best – building your business with core activities.
Good content is a source of traffic to your website, search engines love long articles rich in information, and hey, your site then becomes your salesperson. The only difference is this salesperson will work for you 24×7 all year round.
Use the form below to get in touch with me and we can work out a package that suits your requirement. My packages include blog posts, social media management, email campaigns and corporate video features. Together we will decide what works for your audience.
Looking forward to hearing about your business.