Are you looking for a film/video editor to collaborate with you on your documentary or feature film, television series or corporate film? Perhaps we could collaborate! I am an editor with experience in short features, documentary films and corporate films. I have edited a number of short features for international TV and I've worked on 3 long-form documentary projects. My documentary film editing project "Paradise Re-invented" (60 mins) won an award for best editing (documentary) at the 2014 Mumbai Shorts International Film Festival. The work you see on various sections of this site are examples of films edited by me.
Key skills I bring on board are:
- Attention to detail
- A keen sense of storytelling
- The ability to sniff out the story from the hours of rushes
- Objectivity in crafting your film - the final interface between you - the director, and your audience
- Timely workflow to bring your project to life on time and on budget
- A personality that's easy to get along with (crucial considering the hours and editor and director spend together on the project!)
How I can help
I love storytelling and have shot and edited most of the work on this site. I started out as a freelance video journalist and research, shot and edited my features. As a result, I have experience in the entire process of production and can collaborate with you right from your script/story-line. I bring to the table not just technical skills as an editor, your can be sure of a creative partner helping bring your vision to life - making story and script flow suggestions where required, keeping your end audience in mind. Should you not have a script, I can work with you to explore the rushes to chisel out the story - looking through the hours and hours of footage and finding the pearls that can be strung together to create the story.
Either way, you can consider me your close ally in creative process of bringing your vision to life.